Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Beware of the Latest Social Media Trends!



There are many great Charleston area homes for sale. Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today's market. You may also call me at (843) 795-7950 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.

Beware of the Latest Social Media Trends!

We need to talk – when I’m not selling real estate or saving the world, I’ll take some time to scroll through my Facebook news feed or thumb through a few tweets. Through my research, I’ve noticed a trend that needs to be addressed: the “Humblebrag.”

Staying on top of the trends is something that obviously comes natural to me. However for those who are not familiar with the “Humblebrag,” our friends at Urban Dictionary were kind enough to provide us with a definition:

“Subtly letting others now about how fantastic your life is while undercutting it with a bit of self-effacing humor or "woe is me" gloss.

Uggggh just ate about fifteen piece of chocolate gotta learn to control myself when flying first class or they'll cancel my modelling contract LOL :p #humblebrag”

If you think that was bad, my next finding takes this trend to another level:

“Going thru some of my other shots from my photo shoot Ladies what do you think of this one? #blessed…”

Look man, good looking people like ourselves don’t need to flaunt it around on social media while asking for the public’s opinion! If you do something awesome, like being voted The Best Realtor in Charleston for 2014 by the Charleston City Paper, there is no need to wear it around your chest like a banner and pretend that it is no big deal.

After all, everyone should know that you’re the best… #blessed.

No comments :

Post a Comment